Monday, November 24, 2008

Pieces of Christmas...

So, we took Elliott to the mall tonight. I don't know why, but we just didn't feel like being at home. We wanted him to see Santa, but there was no way he was going to wait in that line... just no way. Maybe later. Anyway, oddly enough, his favorite place at Cool Springs Galleria, is the Yankee Candle store. Seriously, he just couldn't handle his excitement, and need to pick up every flavor, scent, and color (of) candle that existed within the four walls. The lady who was working this evening, thankfully found him adorable and hilarious, as he chewed on an unscented white candle, and carried around two tiny boxes that housed candle sharpeners. I'm telling you... our kid is a nut-case times 2. He was so happy though, just soaking up every bit of the magical holiday-goodness that effortlessly seeps into the hearts of children. It made me nostalgic for the days when "Old Saint Nick" didn't need a bursting bank account (just millions of splendid little elves), and eggnog or boiled custard didn't make me want to gag, when the days would only creep away, and every-one on Earth must of course be happy, well, and content. I am afraid my dears, that these things fade away, and no matter how hard we scrub... reality sticks to our lives like tar.

This is why I'm glad that I get to live the Holidays through my child's eyes this year...

I'm listening to music of the "season" right now, and working on my book. I really can't wait to share it with you all... :)

Love to you EACH.

No comments: